The CDMA Development Group (CDG) and the Third Generation Partnership Project 2 (3GPP2) published the Ultra Mobile Broadband (UMB) air interface specification, which is often referred to as a 4G technology, in September.
The publication of this specification marks the world’s first IP-based mobile broadband standard to enable peak download data rates of 288 Mbps in a 20 MHz bandwidth, while preserving large economies of scope and scale. The spec claims that UMB is the first IP-based mobile broadband standard to enable peak download data rates of 288 Mbps in a 20 MHz bandwidth, while preserving large economies of scope and scale. UMB is the latest family member of CDMA2000 technologies and allows the transfer of native IP at speeds that are orders of magnitudes higher than technologies commercially available today, according to the standards groups. UMB is an Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiple Access (OFDMA) standard. UMB is expected to seamlessly integrate with CDMA2000 and EV-DO.
Here are a few of the specs:
* High-Speed Data: Peak download and upload speeds of 288 Mbps and 75 Mbps, respectively.
* Increased Data Capacity: Ability to deliver both high-capacity voice and broadband data events in mobile environments at excess of 300 km/hr.
* Low Latency: An average latency of 14.3 msec over-the-air with minimal jitter.
* Increased VoIP Capacity: Up to 1000 simultaneous VoIP users within a single sector.
- Google Glasses: Specs And Other Details
- What Will The World Look Like When We Connect The Unconnected, Internet Of Everything Info-graphic By Cisco
- Android Powered $99 Ouya Games Console Shipped To First Supporters
- Biggtest Cyber Attack In History Slows Down The Global Internet
- New Report Shows Linux Adoption Growing To Support Cloud And Mission Critical Workloads
- Google Glasses: Specs And Other Details | Latest Technology Trends on Google Glasses With Virtual And Augmented Reality
- Biggtest Cyber Attack In History Slows Down The Global Internet | Latest Technology Trends on Broadband Internet Speeds 2009-2010: The Top 10 Countries
- Japan: One – Or Many – Steps Ahead | deirdreguthmann on Japan: New Internet By 2020!
- GOD PARTICLE DISCOVERED :THE REAL QUEST BEGINS NOW | MR. Hemant Nigam on Scientists Recreate Big Bang Successfully
- EU Plans For Cars To Call For Help After Crashes | kelosaxinternet on Google Gets Licence For Self-driving Car In US
CategoriesApple Astronomy Biology Blackberry Computers Digital Camera Embedded Energy Fiction First Future Gadgets Google GPhone Ideas Innovative Internet iPhone Laptop Life Linux Microsoft Mobile Linux Mobiles Networking Nokia Open Source OS Photography Research Science Science Fiction Services Sky Smart Phone Software Space Storage Super Computing Technology Telecoms Tips & Tricks Trends Video Windows