The Open Handset Alliance released an early version of the Android Software Development Kit, providing the tools and APIs necessary to begin developing applications on the Android platform. The Android platform is a software stack for mobile devices including an operating system, middleware and key applications.
Developers can download the Android SDK from here.
In addition, Google also announced the Android Developer Challenge, which will provide $10 million to developers who build mobile applications for Android. This includes cash prizes ranging from $25,000 to $275,000 to developers whose applications are picked by a panel of judges.
- The $10 million will be divided between the Android Developer Challenge I and II.
- Submissions for Challenge I will be accepted from Jan. 2 through March 3, 2008.
- 50 most promising entries will be picked by end of March 2008 with each receiving $25,000 awards for further development.
- These 50 entries can also compete for 10 awards worth $275,000 each and another 10 worth $100,000 each.
- Challenge II will launch after the first handsets built on the platform become available in the second half of 2008.
Did you try this Google’s open source mobile operating system SDK already, if so please post your comments and links to your blog posts.
- What Happens in an Internet Minute?
- Microsoft Acquires Nokia’s Devices & Services Business
- Facebook launches Internet.org Initiative To Connect The Unconnected World
- Google Glasses: Specs And Other Details
- What Will The World Look Like When We Connect The Unconnected, Internet Of Everything Info-graphic By Cisco
- Priya patil on What Happens in an Internet Minute?
- Facebook launches Internet.org Initiative To Connect The Unconnected World | truedare.com on What Will The World Look Like When We Connect The Unconnected, Internet Of Everything Info-graphic By Cisco
- text messaging alerts on The Text Message/SMS Turns 19 Years Old
- Mian Hamza on Facebook launches Internet.org Initiative To Connect The Unconnected World
- google glasses about to get famous soon…. | technocrats on Google Glasses With Virtual And Augmented Reality
CategoriesApple Astronomy Biology Blackberry Cloud Computers Digital Camera Embedded Energy Fiction First Future Gadgets Google GPhone Ideas Innovative Internet iPhone Laptop Life Linux Microsoft Mobile Linux Mobiles Networking Nokia Open Source OS Research Science Science Fiction Services Sky Smart Phone Software Space Storage Super Computing Technology Telecoms Tips & Tricks Trends Video Windows