The Open Handset Alliance released an early version of the Android Software Development Kit, providing the tools and APIs necessary to begin developing applications on the Android platform. The Android platform is a software stack for mobile devices including an operating system, middleware and key applications.
Developers can download the Android SDK from here.
In addition, Google also announced the Android Developer Challenge, which will provide $10 million to developers who build mobile applications for Android. This includes cash prizes ranging from $25,000 to $275,000 to developers whose applications are picked by a panel of judges.
- The $10 million will be divided between the Android Developer Challenge I and II.
- Submissions for Challenge I will be accepted from Jan. 2 through March 3, 2008.
- 50 most promising entries will be picked by end of March 2008 with each receiving $25,000 awards for further development.
- These 50 entries can also compete for 10 awards worth $275,000 each and another 10 worth $100,000 each.
- Challenge II will launch after the first handsets built on the platform become available in the second half of 2008.
Did you try this Google’s open source mobile operating system SDK already, if so please post your comments and links to your blog posts.
- Google Glasses: Specs And Other Details
- What Will The World Look Like When We Connect The Unconnected, Internet Of Everything Info-graphic By Cisco
- Android Powered $99 Ouya Games Console Shipped To First Supporters
- Biggtest Cyber Attack In History Slows Down The Global Internet
- New Report Shows Linux Adoption Growing To Support Cloud And Mission Critical Workloads
- Google Glasses: Specs And Other Details | Latest Technology Trends on Google Glasses With Virtual And Augmented Reality
- Biggtest Cyber Attack In History Slows Down The Global Internet | Latest Technology Trends on Broadband Internet Speeds 2009-2010: The Top 10 Countries
- Japan: One – Or Many – Steps Ahead | deirdreguthmann on Japan: New Internet By 2020!
- GOD PARTICLE DISCOVERED :THE REAL QUEST BEGINS NOW | MR. Hemant Nigam on Scientists Recreate Big Bang Successfully
- EU Plans For Cars To Call For Help After Crashes | kelosaxinternet on Google Gets Licence For Self-driving Car In US
CategoriesApple Astronomy Biology Blackberry Computers Digital Camera Embedded Energy Fiction First Future Gadgets Google GPhone Ideas Innovative Internet iPhone Laptop Life Linux Microsoft Mobile Linux Mobiles Networking Nokia Open Source OS Photography Research Science Science Fiction Services Sky Smart Phone Software Space Storage Super Computing Technology Telecoms Tips & Tricks Trends Video Windows