The project is already up and running in the US and is now being extended to other countries, starting in the UK. In the US some contributors are already earning thousands of dollars each month from their films, according to the video-sharing site.
The amount that is earned will depend on the number and popularity of the videos.
Those signing up to the YouTube Partner Programme, as it is called, will be offered a share of the revenue generated from advertisements that run next to their video. YouTube is not disclosing the exact details of the scheme, but does say that those making “several thousand dollars a month” are regularly producing videos with over one million views.
YouTube hopes to expand the Partner Programme to the rest of Europe soon.
- What Happens in an Internet Minute?
- Microsoft Acquires Nokia’s Devices & Services Business
- Facebook launches Internet.org Initiative To Connect The Unconnected World
- Google Glasses: Specs And Other Details
- What Will The World Look Like When We Connect The Unconnected, Internet Of Everything Info-graphic By Cisco
- Japan: New Internet By 2020! on
- Future Tech: Visible Light Communications on
- Facebook launches Internet.org Initiative To Connect The Unconnected World on
- What Happens in an Internet Minute? on
- What Will The World Look Like When We Connect The Unconnected, Internet Of Everything Info-graphic By Cisco on
CategoriesApple Astronomy Biology Blackberry Cloud Computers Digital Camera Embedded Energy Fiction First Future Gadgets Google GPhone Ideas Innovative Internet iPhone Laptop Life Linux Microsoft Mobile Linux Mobiles Networking Nokia Open Source OS Research Science Science Fiction Services Sky Smart Phone Software Space Storage Super Computing Technology Telecoms Tips & Tricks Trends Video Windows