The project is already up and running in the US and is now being extended to other countries, starting in the UK. In the US some contributors are already earning thousands of dollars each month from their films, according to the video-sharing site.
The amount that is earned will depend on the number and popularity of the videos.
Those signing up to the YouTube Partner Programme, as it is called, will be offered a share of the revenue generated from advertisements that run next to their video. YouTube is not disclosing the exact details of the scheme, but does say that those making “several thousand dollars a month” are regularly producing videos with over one million views.
YouTube hopes to expand the Partner Programme to the rest of Europe soon.
- What Happens in an Internet Minute?
- Microsoft Acquires Nokia’s Devices & Services Business
- Facebook launches Internet.org Initiative To Connect The Unconnected World
- Google Glasses: Specs And Other Details
- What Will The World Look Like When We Connect The Unconnected, Internet Of Everything Info-graphic By Cisco
- Priya patil on What Happens in an Internet Minute?
- Facebook launches Internet.org Initiative To Connect The Unconnected World | truedare.com on What Will The World Look Like When We Connect The Unconnected, Internet Of Everything Info-graphic By Cisco
- text messaging alerts on The Text Message/SMS Turns 19 Years Old
- Mian Hamza on Facebook launches Internet.org Initiative To Connect The Unconnected World
- google glasses about to get famous soon…. | technocrats on Google Glasses With Virtual And Augmented Reality
CategoriesApple Astronomy Biology Blackberry Cloud Computers Digital Camera Embedded Energy Fiction First Future Gadgets Google GPhone Ideas Innovative Internet iPhone Laptop Life Linux Microsoft Mobile Linux Mobiles Networking Nokia Open Source OS Research Science Science Fiction Services Sky Smart Phone Software Space Storage Super Computing Technology Telecoms Tips & Tricks Trends Video Windows