Students of Royal College of Art were set the challenge of designing a mobile phone to “outperform, outsmart, and outmanoeuvre everything on the market”. Check out the pictures below trendy and artistic designs they came up with.
One of three winners in the competition, sponsored by 3, was Vase (in pic below). The phone starts “as an empty vessel”, with features installed gradually as the owner decides what they want.
Vase’s designers say no instruction manual is needed, with users learning to operate the phone as it is built up gradually with functions “perfectly suited” to their needs.
Another winner – the Teiko (in pic below), designed for children – includes games, parental controls, and GPS technology to enable parents to monitor their children’s movements.
Teiko allows children to access information in places like museums and zoos. The shock-proof and waterproof phone also features a retractable earpiece that children cannot lose.
Owners of the Free Key (in pic below) assign the functions of the 40 keys beneath a flexible LCD screen, making the winning design “unique to each user… intuitive to use and hard to replace”.
These trendy and artistic mobile models certainly rock and beat most of the latest handsets available in the market, but it is not known about the availability of these models in the market.
- What Happens in an Internet Minute?
- Microsoft Acquires Nokia’s Devices & Services Business
- Facebook launches Internet.org Initiative To Connect The Unconnected World
- Google Glasses: Specs And Other Details
- What Will The World Look Like When We Connect The Unconnected, Internet Of Everything Info-graphic By Cisco
- churchil on Facebook launches Internet.org Initiative To Connect The Unconnected World
- Priya patil on What Happens in an Internet Minute?
- Facebook launches Internet.org Initiative To Connect The Unconnected World | truedare.com on What Will The World Look Like When We Connect The Unconnected, Internet Of Everything Info-graphic By Cisco
- text messaging alerts on The Text Message/SMS Turns 19 Years Old
- Mian Hamza on Facebook launches Internet.org Initiative To Connect The Unconnected World
CategoriesApple Astronomy Biology Blackberry Cloud Computers Digital Camera Embedded Energy Fiction First Future Gadgets Google GPhone Ideas Innovative Internet iPhone Laptop Life Linux Microsoft Mobile Linux Mobiles Networking Nokia Open Source OS Research Science Science Fiction Services Sky Smart Phone Software Space Storage Super Computing Technology Telecoms Tips & Tricks Trends Video Windows