A number of technologies have exploded throughout 2008, improving and influencing our daily life. Here is a quick look at some of the technology events that happened during 2008.
Big Bang Experiment: The Large Hadron Collider (LHC) is the world’s largest and highest-energy particle accelerator, intended to collide opposing beams of protons or lead ions, each moving at approximately 99.999999% of the speed of light. On 10 September 2008, the proton beams were successfully circulated in the main ring of the LHC for the first time. On 19 September 2008, the operations were halted due to a serious fault between two superconducting bending magnets.Due to the resulting damage, the LHC will not be operational again until summer 2009.
Supercomputer Performs Laser Cancer Surgery : Lonestar, a supercomputer at the Texas Advanced Computing Center (TACC) performed a laser cancer surgery on a dog without the intervention of a surgeon.
Bionic Eye : Engineers at the University of Washington have for the first time used manufacturing techniques at microscopic scales to combine a flexible, biologically safe contact lens with an imprinted electronic circuit and lights.
WiMAX Patent Pool : Six WiMAX firms have teamed together to create the Open Patent Alliance(OPA), to accelerate the widespread adoption and deployment of WiMAX technology and products. The companies involved in the formation of the OPA include Cisco Systems, Intel Corp., Alcatel-Lucent, Clearwire, Sprint and Samsung.
NVIDIA Unveils World’s First Personal Supercomputer : The world’s first personal supercomputer, which is 250 times faster than the average PC, has been unveiled. The NVIDIA Tesla Personal Supercomputer is based on the revolutionary NVIDIA CUDA parallel computing architecture and powered by up to 960 parallel processing cores.
Scientists Extract Images Directly From Brain : Researchers at Japan’s ATR Computational Neuroscience Laboratories have developed a system that can “reconstruct the images inside a person’s mind and display them on a computer monitor.”
Mobiles: New exciting mobile phone models released by Apple, Blackberry, Nokia etc and Android, Mobile Social Networking Boom, Nokia Ovi Mail, Increasing Usage of Linux OS in Mobiles, Nokia Acquiring Symbian etc.
lets hope 2009 brings much more advanced technologies into our life and sets path for new technology trends for future.
- Google Glasses: Specs And Other Details
- What Will The World Look Like When We Connect The Unconnected, Internet Of Everything Info-graphic By Cisco
- Android Powered $99 Ouya Games Console Shipped To First Supporters
- Biggtest Cyber Attack In History Slows Down The Global Internet
- New Report Shows Linux Adoption Growing To Support Cloud And Mission Critical Workloads
- Google Glasses: Specs And Other Details | Latest Technology Trends on Google Glasses With Virtual And Augmented Reality
- Biggtest Cyber Attack In History Slows Down The Global Internet | Latest Technology Trends on Broadband Internet Speeds 2009-2010: The Top 10 Countries
- Japan: One – Or Many – Steps Ahead | deirdreguthmann on Japan: New Internet By 2020!
- GOD PARTICLE DISCOVERED :THE REAL QUEST BEGINS NOW | MR. Hemant Nigam on Scientists Recreate Big Bang Successfully
- EU Plans For Cars To Call For Help After Crashes | kelosaxinternet on Google Gets Licence For Self-driving Car In US
CategoriesApple Astronomy Biology Blackberry Computers Digital Camera Embedded Energy Fiction First Future Gadgets Google GPhone Ideas Innovative Internet iPhone Laptop Life Linux Microsoft Mobile Linux Mobiles Networking Nokia Open Source OS Photography Research Science Science Fiction Services Sky Smart Phone Software Space Storage Super Computing Technology Telecoms Tips & Tricks Trends Video Windows