Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home1/tspace/public_html/techpark/wp-content/themes/platform/includes/class.layout.php on line 164

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home1/tspace/public_html/techpark/wp-content/themes/platform/includes/class.layout.php on line 167

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home1/tspace/public_html/techpark/wp-content/themes/platform/includes/class.layout.php on line 170

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home1/tspace/public_html/techpark/wp-content/themes/platform/includes/class.layout.php on line 173

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home1/tspace/public_html/techpark/wp-content/themes/platform/includes/class.layout.php on line 176

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home1/tspace/public_html/techpark/wp-content/themes/platform/includes/class.layout.php on line 178

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home1/tspace/public_html/techpark/wp-content/themes/platform/includes/class.layout.php on line 180

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home1/tspace/public_html/techpark/wp-content/themes/platform/includes/class.layout.php on line 202

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home1/tspace/public_html/techpark/wp-content/themes/platform/includes/class.layout.php on line 206

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home1/tspace/public_html/techpark/wp-content/themes/platform/includes/class.layout.php on line 220

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home1/tspace/public_html/techpark/wp-content/themes/platform/includes/class.layout.php on line 221

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home1/tspace/public_html/techpark/wp-content/themes/platform/includes/class.layout.php on line 222

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home1/tspace/public_html/techpark/wp-content/themes/platform/includes/class.layout.php on line 321

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home1/tspace/public_html/techpark/wp-content/themes/platform/admin/class.options.metapanel.php on line 56

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home1/tspace/public_html/techpark/wp-content/themes/platform/admin/class.options.metapanel.php on line 49

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home1/tspace/public_html/techpark/wp-content/themes/platform/includes/class.layout.php:164) in /home1/tspace/public_html/techpark/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-mobile-pack/plugins/wpmp_switcher/wpmp_switcher.php on line 506
Silent Sound Technology: An End To Noisy Communications | Latest Technology Trends

You are in a movie theater or noicy restaurent or a bus etc where there is lot of noice around is big issue while talking on a mobile phone. But in the future this problem is eliminated with ”silent sounds”, a new technology unveiled at the CeBIT fair on Tuesday that transforms lip movements into a computer-generated voice for the listener at the other end of the phone.

The device, developed by the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), uses electromyography, monitoring tiny muscular movements that occur when we speak and converting them into electrical pulses that can then be turned into speech, without a sound uttered.Crowd Talking On Mobile Phones

‘Silent Sound’ technology aims to notice every movements of the lips and transform them into sounds, which could help people who lose voices to speak, and allow people to make silent calls without bothering others. Rather than making any sounds, your handset would decipher the movements your mouth makes by measuring muscle activity, then convert this into speech that the person on the other end of the call can hear. So, basically, it reads your lips.

“We currently use electrodes which are glued to the skin. In the future, such electrodes might for example by incorporated into cellphones,” said Michael Wand, from the KIT.

The technology opens up a host of applications, from helping people who have lost their voice due to illness or accident to telling a trusted friend your PIN number over the phone without anyone eavesdropping — assuming no lip-readers are around.

The technology can also turn you into an instant polyglot. Because the electrical pulses are universal, they can be immediately transformed into the language of the user’s choice.

“Native speakers can silently utter a sentence in their language, and the receivers hear the translated sentence in their language. It appears as if the native speaker produced speech in a foreign language,” said Wand.

The translation technology works for languages like English, French and Gernan, but for languages like Chinese, where different tones can hold many different meanings, poses a problem, he added.

Noisy people in your office? Not any more. “We are also working on technology to be used in an office environment,” the KIT scientist told AFP.

The engineers have got the device working to 99 percent efficiency, so the mechanical voice at the other end of the phone gets one word in 100 wrong, explained Wand.

“But we’re working to overcome the remaining technical difficulties. In five, maybe ten years, this will be useable, everyday technology,” he said.

201 Responses to Silent Sound Technology: An End To Noisy Communications

1. [...] admin wrote an interesting post today onHere’s a quick excerptBut in the future this problem is eliminated with “silent sounds”, a new technology unveiled at the CeBIT fair on Tuesday that transforms lip movements into … … CPA Offers on Chile Earthquake Shock Effect On Earth’s Axis May Have Created Shorter Days · Chile Earthquake Shock Effect On Earth’s Axis May Have Created Shorter Days | Latest Technology Trends on New Year 2009 To Arrive A Second Delayed · sachin on Nokia Offers Free Ovi Maps Navigation … [...]

2. rajani says:

sir i can’t imagine it,can u explain me the working….

3. suresh says:

Hello sir after reading this “SILENT SOUND TECHNOLOGY” I got shocked,I cant imagine,so Iam very eager to know its working will u pls explain?

4. sangeeta says:

i can’t understand the working of silent sound technology

5. Jawahar says:

It’s very amazing sir… But i hav a doubt.It is said that the phone converts inaudible(lip movements without makin sound) to audible sounds.Does it takes input as only d lip movements or even audible sounds(like any baby crying or souns of vehicles moving besides us when we are speaking?..please, explain me sir.

6. soundariya says:

Sir,its an amazing project cant imagine can u explain me in detail about this………. And also say me what are the technologies you are using……..All the best

7. himanshu says:

please please forward me the working in detail…. as i am eager to know about the method of taking the inputs… plus lip movement depends on the accent of the person.. so whether this will be taken into consideration or not??

8. Ankur says:

This will not help in differenciating persons and hence emotions.
    It will be like you are always talking to robot.

9. Shilpa says:

Sir,i liked this technology very much.i am an engineering student(electronics n telecommunication),i am plannig to do my B.E. project in the same domain.Could you please forward me the working details of silent sound technology.

10. kathir says:

please please forward me the working in detail…. as i am very much like to know the working principle. i have to some think in to this project…. please forward details about the project in mail

11. Anu says:

sir i find it really interesting and i want to know about this deeply.
    sir please forward me the working of this technology

12. TARUN MAHAJAN says:

I think it will help lovers to talk to each other plz launch this device as early as possible…………………………

13. MOHIT JAIN says:

sir can u plzz forward me the ppt om this topic needed urgently itz amazing technology.

14. ashu says:

sir,this is very intersting and amazing technology.can u please send me the proper working details n ppt of the technology.sir plzz its urgent……………..

15. Jayendra says:

Its unbelievable project. I am very surprised and can not understand how to react after reading such a good article. No doubt, it will help the person who cann’t speak to talk with other people to speak in mobile phone.

16. s says:

sir,i am an CS engineering student,i would like to do a seminar on this topic.plz could you provide the necessary details.sir, its very urgent

17. s says:

18. thiya says:

i want working principle of this technology it really amazing sir………

19. cool gadgets says:

This New Technology Will Be Very Helpful Whenever A Person Looses His Voice While Speaking Or Allow People To Make Silent Calls Without Disturbing Others, Even We Can Tell Our PIN Number To A Trusted Friend Or Relative Without Eavesdropping . ..

20. Vaigundaraj says:

I’d read about “Silent Sound” and my doubt is, How the device can translate the voice of whether it is male or female. bec it can detect only lips movement only know

21. Tinsy.c says:

Sir,I’m an engineering student.I really liked this topic.I would like to do a seminar on this topic. can you please provide the details related to this topic as a report.Sir its very urgent.

22. tintu says:

what an idea setji…………

23. trp says:

sir would like to do a seminar on this topic. can you please provide the details related to this topic as a report or a ppt .Sir its very urgent.

24. RAHUL says:

it w’ll surely be one of the finest technology in the world which will.. give tele-communication a new path

25. nitin says:

pls send me
    woeking of this technologie

26. PRIYA says:

I would like to know more about this technology. as i was planning to take seminar on this. Is this technology already out?

27. sobin says:

am very interested in it, can u plz explain more about the silent sound technology, i would like to do a seminar on it.

28. yuva says:

Respected sir,
    I read about silent sound technology.Its realy amazing and im realy interested to know about your technology in detail.As im pursuing engineering i hope it will be usefull for me.So i kindly request u to explain me in detail about its working principle.

29. Prashant Mishra says:

well ….. this sounds good……..that this kind of technology can be developed.It will be like a boon for those who have lost their voice. But there are some doubts in my mind first that how this technology will differentiates between words which have similar lips movements and second that this technology will be very costly for a common man.

30. rajashree says:

I want detail information about silent sound technology along with ppt

31. B.Ramachandraiah says:

it is very very interesting sir….. i am amazing to this silent sound technology.plze..send to my ID mail working details of this topic.plze…..

32. gayu says:

sir explain clearly

33. priya says:

Itz really amazing…….can you please explain its working principle?????????

34. sowmiyaa says:

This is amazing to think even. Wish to know more about this technology.

35. priya R says:

sir,can u explain the concept of this technology….i am not getting this clearly…..

36. ranvijay says:

hello sir

i liked the technology…….i need to give a presentation on it my college.
    plz sir forward me the full report abt its working,pictures,characteristics, future aspects,development etc….
    on my email id

37. MOHAMMED KHALEEL says:

hello sir,
    Thats great,I like to know more about it ,I hope u will explain…

38. Siva says:

pls send the details master i am waiting j…..

39. meeralingam says:

hello this technology is very amazing

40. kirti says:

sir ..plz explain it more clearly.i did not got it..

41. lucky says:

its beyond my thoughts but sounds really interesting.kindly send me the technology used….

42. Somnath Reddy says:

Amazing…

43. Asha Ramankutty says:

I like this technology. i would like to do seminar on this subject.can you please forward me the details about silent sound technology.it’s urgent.

44. Asha Ramankutty says:

I like this technology .can you please forward me the details about silent sound technology.it’s urgent.

45. Ronnie Arya says:

I like this technology..it would be kind enough if u provide me more information about this…

46. lokesh from nist vizag says:

it was excellent thought when it is introduced to real time the comunication is more easy to get to everyone y dis is the electrodes converts the words into the electonic pulse that concept is so nice

47. naresh says:

sir i am interested in it can u explain in detail

48. chitra says:

sir,its very nice thought…
    and aslo recommendable.. i want to know the working.Can you explain me

49. mayur dnyane says:

R\SIR,
    ITS REALY AN AMZING TECHNOLOGY.IT WILL BE HELPED TO DUMB AND DEAF PEOPLE. SIR I AM CONDUCTING SEMINAR ON THIS TECHNOLOGY.. WILL YOU PROVIDE ME ADDTIONAL INFORMATION ON THIS TECHNOLOGY…

50. mayur dnyane says:

SIR ITS REALY AMAZING TECHNOLOGY.. ITS HELPFUL IN CONCERN TO PRIVACY AS WELL AS SECURITY AS WELL AS WILL REALY HELPED TO DUMB AND DEAF PEOPLE.
    SIR I AM CONDUCTING SEMINAR ON THIS TECH. WILL U PROVIDE ME ADITIONAL INFOR ON THIS TOPIC. MY ID IS mrdnyane@gmail.com

Share Your Thoughts! Please Leave a Reply

Set your Twitter account name in your settings to use the TwitterBar Section.

Switch to our mobile site