The world of electronic gaming is constantly evolving and expanding, sometimes so quickly that it’s difficult to keep pace. With new gaming devices and technologies constantly coming out, and new gaming websites sprouting up and growing nonstop, it’s easy to fall behind a bit on the latest trends and technologies in gaming. With that in mind, here are a few words on the most significant advances and changes we’ve seen recently in different types of gaming.
Undoubtedly, the biggest shift in the world of gaming in recent years is the increased interactive capabilities in various genres of video games. In fact, even if you play a number of these games, you may not quite have noticed just how large a role Internet interaction plays. The best example is probably the online multiplayer modes now seen in popular console games from Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2 to FIFA 2013. However, interaction with online communities is prevalent in other types of gaming as well. For example, consider the widespread popularity of mobile app games such as Words With Friends, in which people are able to compete against friends, family, and even strangers from all over the world, at the touch of a button. This level of interaction has completely transformed the gaming industry.
While not specifically a technological revolution of any kind, the spread of gaming regulation is drastically altering (and improving) one of the most active markets in the world of gaming: casino games. Sites like Party Poker that offer users the complete casino experience online are being legally enabled to practice real money gambling all over the world, which is leading to the expansion of a lucrative industry. With many believing that increased regulation will soon spread to the United States as well, the potential for growth in casino gaming online is simply too large to measure.
A few years ago, with the release of the Nintentdo Wii (followed by Playstation Move and XBox Kinect), the concept of motion sensitive gaming devices became available in people’s homes. Motion controls have since improved, and now there are massive selections of games for popular consoles that involve everything from motion control to voice recognition. Now, consoles may be taking the next step in branching out, as the introduction of the new Nintendo Wii U appears to be a potential game changer. The Wii U offers users a choice between ordinary controls, and an advanced controller complete with its own screen – the idea is that the advanced controller can be used as a portable console, and can allow you to continue a game after turning off your main television. This new system provides a few interesting ideas for where the console industry may be heading next.
- What Happens in an Internet Minute?
- Microsoft Acquires Nokia’s Devices & Services Business
- Facebook launches Internet.org Initiative To Connect The Unconnected World
- Google Glasses: Specs And Other Details
- What Will The World Look Like When We Connect The Unconnected, Internet Of Everything Info-graphic By Cisco
- churchil on Facebook launches Internet.org Initiative To Connect The Unconnected World
- Priya patil on What Happens in an Internet Minute?
- Facebook launches Internet.org Initiative To Connect The Unconnected World | truedare.com on What Will The World Look Like When We Connect The Unconnected, Internet Of Everything Info-graphic By Cisco
- text messaging alerts on The Text Message/SMS Turns 19 Years Old
- Mian Hamza on Facebook launches Internet.org Initiative To Connect The Unconnected World
CategoriesApple Astronomy Biology Blackberry Cloud Computers Digital Camera Embedded Energy Fiction First Future Gadgets Google GPhone Ideas Innovative Internet iPhone Laptop Life Linux Microsoft Mobile Linux Mobiles Networking Nokia Open Source OS Research Science Science Fiction Services Sky Smart Phone Software Space Storage Super Computing Technology Telecoms Tips & Tricks Trends Video Windows