Nokia unveiled N900, its first smart phone running on Linux software, aiming at improving its offering at the top end of the market.
The Nokia N900 runs on the Linux-based Maeme 5 software, featuring true multitasking with applications as well as Web browsing with Adobe Flash support.
The world’s biggest mobile phone maker, Nokia, could start to use open-source Linux software on its more expensive phone models, a senior company official said on Tuesday. Nokia recently unveiled a smart phone N97 recently.
“In the longer perspective, Linux will become a serious alternative for our high-end phones,” Ukko Lappalainen, vice president [...]
Google Inc. showed off its nearly completed mobile software system Android, to about 3,000 computer programmers Wednesday, during its annual developer conference in San Francisco, touting the platform’s mobile web services, mobile gaming prowess and map features by means of an iPhone-like touchscreen device, including touch-screen [...]
The rumor mill is abuzz with speculation that Google is partnering with computing firm Dell to launch a mobile phone based on the web services giant’s fledgling Android OS. According to MarketingWeek, senior industry sources claim the two companies will reveal their collaboration at February’s Mobile World Congress (MWC) event in Barcelona, [...]
Firefox has confirmed it is working on first a Linux version, followed by Windows Mobile 6 version. Christian Serjersen of Mozilla wrote in his his blog that a Symbian version will come down the line as well.
He listed out the goals of the [...]
The Open Handset Alliance released an early version of the Android Software Development Kit, providing the tools and APIs necessary to begin developing applications on the Android platform. The Android platform is a software stack for mobile devices including an operating system, middleware and key applications.
- What Happens in an Internet Minute?
- Microsoft Acquires Nokia’s Devices & Services Business
- Facebook launches Internet.org Initiative To Connect The Unconnected World
- Google Glasses: Specs And Other Details
- What Will The World Look Like When We Connect The Unconnected, Internet Of Everything Info-graphic By Cisco
July 2014 M T W T F S S « Jan 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- churchil on Facebook launches Internet.org Initiative To Connect The Unconnected World
- Priya patil on What Happens in an Internet Minute?
- Facebook launches Internet.org Initiative To Connect The Unconnected World | truedare.com on What Will The World Look Like When We Connect The Unconnected, Internet Of Everything Info-graphic By Cisco
- text messaging alerts on The Text Message/SMS Turns 19 Years Old
- Mian Hamza on Facebook launches Internet.org Initiative To Connect The Unconnected World
CategoriesApple Astronomy Biology Blackberry Cloud Computers Digital Camera Embedded Energy Fiction First Future Gadgets Google GPhone Ideas Innovative Internet iPhone Laptop Life Linux Microsoft Mobile Linux Mobiles Networking Nokia Open Source OS Research Science Science Fiction Services Sky Smart Phone Software Space Storage Super Computing Technology Telecoms Tips & Tricks Trends Video Windows