Nokia unveiled N900, its first smart phone running on Linux software, aiming at improving its offering at the top end of the market.
The Nokia N900 runs on the Linux-based Maeme 5 software, featuring true multitasking with applications as well as Web browsing with Adobe Flash support.
The world’s biggest mobile phone maker, Nokia, could start to use open-source Linux software on its more expensive phone models, a senior company official said on Tuesday. Nokia recently unveiled a smart phone N97 recently.
“In the longer perspective, Linux will become a serious alternative for our high-end phones,” Ukko Lappalainen, vice president [...]
Google Inc. showed off its nearly completed mobile software system Android, to about 3,000 computer programmers Wednesday, during its annual developer conference in San Francisco, touting the platform’s mobile web services, mobile gaming prowess and map features by means of an iPhone-like touchscreen device, including touch-screen [...]
The rumor mill is abuzz with speculation that Google is partnering with computing firm Dell to launch a mobile phone based on the web services giant’s fledgling Android OS. According to MarketingWeek, senior industry sources claim the two companies will reveal their collaboration at February’s Mobile World Congress (MWC) event in Barcelona, [...]
Firefox has confirmed it is working on first a Linux version, followed by Windows Mobile 6 version. Christian Serjersen of Mozilla wrote in his his blog that a Symbian version will come down the line as well.
He listed out the goals of the [...]
The Open Handset Alliance released an early version of the Android Software Development Kit, providing the tools and APIs necessary to begin developing applications on the Android platform. The Android platform is a software stack for mobile devices including an operating system, middleware and key applications.
- Google Glasses: Specs And Other Details
- What Will The World Look Like When We Connect The Unconnected, Internet Of Everything Info-graphic By Cisco
- Android Powered $99 Ouya Games Console Shipped To First Supporters
- Biggtest Cyber Attack In History Slows Down The Global Internet
- New Report Shows Linux Adoption Growing To Support Cloud And Mission Critical Workloads
June 2013 M T W T F S S « Apr 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- Google Glasses: Specs And Other Details | Latest Technology Trends on Google Glasses With Virtual And Augmented Reality
- Biggtest Cyber Attack In History Slows Down The Global Internet | Latest Technology Trends on Broadband Internet Speeds 2009-2010: The Top 10 Countries
- Japan: One – Or Many – Steps Ahead | deirdreguthmann on Japan: New Internet By 2020!
- GOD PARTICLE DISCOVERED :THE REAL QUEST BEGINS NOW | MR. Hemant Nigam on Scientists Recreate Big Bang Successfully
- EU Plans For Cars To Call For Help After Crashes | kelosaxinternet on Google Gets Licence For Self-driving Car In US
CategoriesApple Astronomy Biology Blackberry Computers Digital Camera Embedded Energy Fiction First Future Gadgets Google GPhone Ideas Innovative Internet iPhone Laptop Life Linux Microsoft Mobile Linux Mobiles Networking Nokia Open Source OS Photography Research Science Science Fiction Services Sky Smart Phone Software Space Storage Super Computing Technology Telecoms Tips & Tricks Trends Video Windows